Monday, July 28, 2014

Converting truth


A good friend presented a theory to me the other day that really registered. And really helped my heart.


If we know the devil is a liar...and we do, because the Bible tells us in John 8 that he is the father of lies...then couldn't we also assume that THE OPPOSITE OF what he whispers the loudest and most frequently in our ears is what is true?


Yeah, read that again.


When she said that, my heart immediately latched on to it. Maybe not every time, maybe there are exceptions, and we always have to be on alert because the devil is not only a liar but a manipulator, and he isn't able to be summed up in one easy theory. Definitely not.


But just in general....


How powerful would that be?


Because then:




"Nothing is ever going to change" turns into "My breakthrough is almost here"


"No one values me" turns into "I am dearly loved"


"I'm ugly" turns into "I am a beautiful daughter of the most High King"


"I am never going to have what my heart desires" turns into "My blessings are on their way in God's perfect timing as I seek Him first above all else."


"Give up now!" turns into "Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due season, you shall reap a harvest if you do not give up"...


Maybe it's time we all converted a little truth.

1 comment: