Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting real...

I'd say "Welcome to my new blog" but it sounds so shallow, because truly, I am honored you are here.

This blog has been a long time coming for me, something I've felt in my soul for a year or longer but delayed until circumstances (namely, God at work) coaxed me out of the shadows. The shadows that seem to hide and comfort - yet ultimately, destroy.

So I HAD to write this.

And I'm honored you're here to read it.

Because this blog is for me. But it's mostly for you.

For the heart that wakes each morning with a constant ache.
For the soul that goes to bed each night wondering where God was that day.
For the mind that knows the answers but doesn't want to accept them.
For the Christian who smiles at church while their heart breaks deep within.
For the woman who feels the pressure to be it all, do it all, until she simply dissolves.
For the man who is searching for purpose.
For the teen who desires acceptance.

For you, dear reader.

How can I cover all of those heart-deep topics in one blog, you ask? Well, truly - I can't. But Jesus can. And He's inviting you, as He did me, to do one thing.

Get real.

Get honest. Get exposed. Get vulnerable.

Because here's another truth - you are NOT alone.

On this blog, I'll be posting Scripture, song lyrics, lessons from my own life, and guest blogs from other authors on what getting real means to them. We're not alone, in our heartache or in our rejoicing. This blog is meant to be a safe, nonjudgmental avenue for the broken. For those who are tired of the masks and the aura of perfection and want to be seen. Want to be heard. Want to be healed.

Want to get real.

Join me?


8 comments:

  1. It's funny that you're starting a blog on this subject because I'm in the process of creating one on a similar topic. Living a life of authenticity-- being real with mistakes and epic fails while embracing grace. Glad to know I'm not alone in this journey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love it - the design, the idea, everything. And may I start with a confession? I have 2 baby monitors muted right now so I can have a chocolate moment in peace lol. It's in their best interest to have a sugared up mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Bets! Congrats on the new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So looking forward to your new blog. I've joined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we're on the same journey-time to get real! Looking forward to reading more!
    Take care
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Betsy,

    I think your new blog is based on an awesome idea-- Truth! :) I love the description in your author bio/profile. We need a blog like this online! I'm happy that you're not afraid to be real and share your journey and struggles with everyone. It's too often that we are made to feel like we are in whatever we're going through BY OURSELVES which is why it's important for God to impress His people to do things like this such as writing a blog about REAL issues to prove to those who are suffering that they are NOT alone, GOD is there and He's got people around the world who he is comforting. Again, it's just good to be reminded you're not alone. :)

    I would love for you to check out my blog "God is Love" and tell me what you think! My e-mail address in under my author bio/profile on my blog, please e-mail me feedback and I would like to talk with you about today's blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete