Thursday, August 29, 2013

Beth Moore, Lost Cars, and Spinning Donuts

I attended Beth Moore's Living Proof Live last weekend (as mentioned in a previous post) and WOW. Was it amazing. I'll share more posts on the material she taught soon :)  Be watching for that!

The event was unreal. 8,000+ women. Can you imagine?!

Leaving the parking lot was also unreal. 8,000+women. Can you imagine?!

YEAH.

My friend Krystle and I hiked probably, literally, a mile total trying to find my car in the giant arena parking lot at 10:00 p.m., in heels, all while gabbing and searching and trying to avoid other cars and pedestrians, finally just to stop and say "Okay, really. where is the car??"

We joked that eventually it'd be the only one left in the lot and we'd find it by default.

We finally found my car, after multiple conversations like this:

Is that it?
No. We didn't park over there.
We parked by trees, right?
There's some trees! ::::walk walk walk walk walk:::
Well I guess there's trees over there too.
Trees everywhere, basically.
What about the fence? We had to walk past a fence.
There's a fence! :::walk walk walk walk:::::
Well I guess the fence is longer than I remembered.

(yes, we're both blonde, but both fake blonde, so I don't think it counts)

We found the car. Got in. Buckled up. And...drove forward about 2 feet. Then stopped. In a line of traffic that extended around the parking lot and toward the side road leading to the main road.

We didn't move an inch for 15 minutes.

So we decided to follow a few other cars and try another line that appeared to be moving. We relocated, and then...yep. We sat. Again. For another 15-20 minutes. The parking lot looked like, as Krystle said, one giant game of Domino's with "chicken legs" extending in ALL directions. Craziness.

And beyond frustrating. It was 10 p.m. We wanted to go home. (actually, we were going to Sonic to get half priced milkshakes but that's not the point)

While talking and waiting, waiting and talking, not moving an inch, I finally grabbed the wheel and shouted "OH MY GOSH I just want to move. I'm about to drive over there and just do donuts. Anything is better than just sitting."

Have you ever felt that way? I have lately, and not just in my car leaving the Beth Moore event. I've felt that way in my journey, in my life, in my storm.

I've said through gritted teeth and tears "I do NOT want to go backwards." But...I'll get very real here and admit - sometimes going backwards seems appealing because at least it's MOVING. It's beyond frustrating to feel as if you're sitting still. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. For things you can't control. Like traffic. Or finances. A job. A relationship. A restoration. A healing.

We want to go forwards so badly, it's easy to mistake backwards as a worthy substitute.

Don't fall prey to that lie. It's straight from hell. I'm telling myself that in the mirror every day.

BACKWARDS is not BETTER even if it's MOVING.

Don't get out of the line, friend. Don't get away from where God placed you in this moment and in this season. Because as is always inevitable in these traffic situations, the second you give in, give up, and move to try another line, the one you were in starts moving.

And you missed it.

Don't miss it.

Put it in park, relax, and gab with a close friend who is waiting with you. But don't take your eyes off that line. Don't get lazy. Get ready to throw it in gear and hit the gas at the moment God gives the green light. It WILL come.

And you will move forward again.

15 comments:

  1. Looking for cash for car removal Mitchelton service? Sell your car quickly with us, and you will never have to worry about anything. Our cash for car removal service is specially designed Cash For Scrap Cars Kelvin Grove

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the customer accepts our final offer, we pay them with instant cash without any delay. We pay them cash up to $9,999 on-spot and offer them free same day car removal service. cash for scrap cars gold coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of our processes are developed to provide customers ease. We have trained our customer service agents to solve all customer queries and help customers through the whole car selling processCash for Scrap Cars Townsville

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you have received your offer, call us so we can ask you some additional questions about the condition of your car. Then, you will get an offer on your car that you are under no obligation to accept. Car Removal Shepparton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selling your vehicle shouldn’t be a stressful process, at Fast Car Removals Brisbane, we pride ourselves on our approach to customer service. cash for cars ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We hired industry experts, trained our team to provide high-quality service, and formed a network of clients all over Australia. This has helped us to provide our customers up to $9,999 in instant cash for their unwanted vehicle and also free towing services.

    scrap car removal canberra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Metal Biz Recyclers pay more cash for cars in Logan up to $9,999 for all types of running and not roadworthy vehicles.

    car removal logan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck! I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this website is really instructive!
    Regards Cash For Cars Perth

    ReplyDelete
  10. YesAuto UK Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve read some quality stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I am surprised how many attempts you set to make such an excellent informative website.

    Regards: Cash For Cars Caboolture

    ReplyDelete

  12. Are you looking for Cash for Car Removal Perth services with easy paperwork? Then you have come to the right place. Get top dollar cash against to your any conditioned cars, trucks, vans, caravans etc. anywhere in Perth and it's nearest suburbs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensitive. I can't wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous site. cash for scrap cars chelmer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, foг ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you miggһt Ƅe a great author. No.1 Scrap Metal Buyer In Queensland Australia, BNE Copper Recyclers buy all kinds of cash for vehicle metallic body from your residential and commercial areas in QLD and its regions.! Our prices are best in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast, Caboolture and we won’t charge you any hidden fees.

    ReplyDelete