Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Are you done yet?

Sometimes, I feel like Jesus just looks at me with this loving, half-amused smile, and asks, "Are you done yet?"

Well, no. I'm not.

This is__________.

Fill in the blank. How do you feel about your trial/storm/circumstance/situation?

This is unfair. This isn't right. This isn't what I expected. This isn't what I wanted. This is ridiculous. This is never ending. This is....

Because "this is", we pitch a fit. Right? Now, some of us are more dignified in the production, merely crossing our arms and stamping our feet, while others are more dramatic and go full out, little-kid-in-the-grocery-store-candy-aisle, on the floor flailing.

It's all the same, though.. Because the fit, regardless of it's style, reveals the same lie. The same lie that Eve believed.

That God is holding out on us.

Yikes. When you put it that way...

Okay.

Yes.

I'm done.


1 comment: