Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's been a long winter...

I watched The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe not too long ago on TV, and one line resonated with me so powerfully.

Mr. Tumnus: Here it's always winter, never Christmas. It's been a long winter.

The delivery of his line brought tears to my eyes because my soul was aching in agreement. There was a long pause between the two sentences in his line. And was confessed with such sorrow in his eyes. "It's been a long winter."

Being real with you, as this blog is all about - I'll confess. I'm there today. It's been a long winter in my storm.

If you can relate to this, I'll pray for you too. Just let me know in the comments.

Some days, I think it's okay to just hurt. To tell God "It's been a long winter." He knows the cries of our soul anyway. And He still promises Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Bets! I love your heart and vulnerability here. So often it's not about what we do to get through the winter but simply surrendering, resting in him-an ultimate act of worship where he delights greatly in your trust when spring seems so far away.

    ReplyDelete